Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel


Embed this content in your HTML

Search

Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels


Channel Catalog


    0 0
    0 0

    A divorced father of four started having sex with a 15-year-old girl after moving in with her mother.

    The sexual relationship continued even after he married her mother and the relationship lasted until the girl was in her 20s, reports The Straits Times.

    In 2004, the girl's parents had filed for divorce because of her mother's romantic relationship with the man.

    A year later, the accused moved in with her family and married the woman in May 2010.

    Deputy Public Prosecutor Asoka Markandu said on Monday (Jan 15) that both before and after marriage, the girl called the accused "uncle" while he referred to her as his stepdaughter.

    On Dec 31, 2005, the couple, together with the girl, her younger brother and a cousin, went to the Esplanade to watch the fireworks and celebrate the New Year. The accused and the girl had a few alcoholic drinks but were not drunk.

    Later, when everyone else had gone to bed, he entered the room that the girl occupied with her brother and cousin. She was awake.

    The accused, then 40 years old, touched and kissed her. When she did not stop him, he committed an indecent act and had sex with her.

    "The affair between the accused and the victim started after this first instance of sexual intercourse,'' said DPP Asoka.

    Later in January 2016, the girl became unhappy with her mother and refused to see her grandfather.

    The man then said he would pacify the girl and went into her room, locked the door and had sex with her. About a month later, they had sex again.

    Their sexual activities also included having unnatural sex, the court was told.

    The victim had regular consensual sex with the victim until she was 24. The victim also had to undergo an abortion.

    Their relationship was exposed only in early August 2015 when her boyfriend found lewd messages on her mobile phone.

    She said the accused sent her such messages whenever he wanted to have sex.

    Her biological father made a police report on Aug 11 that year, saying he believed his daughter had been sexually assaulted.

    The accused, now 52, was sentenced to 3 and a half years' jail after admitting to three counts of carnal connection. Three other charges were taken into consideration during sentencing.

    He could have been jailed up to five years and fined up to $10,000 on each count.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:45

    More about

    Sex offences
    Others

    0 0

    You see people walking their dogs all the time, but how often do you see a bird on a leash?

    Stomp contributor JL was outraged when she saw a woman 'walking' her pet bird at Costa Ris, an estate located in Pasir Ris, yesterday afternoon (Jan 14) at around 4.30pm.

    A video filmed by JL shows the yellow bird attached to a leash that the woman was holding and being dragged along the ground when it did not walk by itself.

    The woman's female companion also appeared to give the creature a nudge with her foot.

    JL told Stomp: "I felt bad when I saw the woman treating a bird like this.

    "Is this a new way of walking birds?

    "The woman had tied a string to the bird's leg and kept pulling it.

    "The bird kept making noise. Both women kept smiling."

    While walking your pet bird is not altogether uncommon, most people simply use a harness to secure the bird to their own bodies and let the bird perch on somewhere comfortable, such as their shoulders or hands.

    Meanwhile, placing your bird on a leash and letting it walk freely should look like this:

    The animal should not be forced to move or handled roughly.

    What do you think of the two women's actions? Let us know in the comments below.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:55

    More about

    animals
    Others

    0 0

    A man was seen arguing with SBS Transit staff at a bus stop in Pasir Ris Central on Jan 12.

    Stomp contributor CC, a crowd control officer who was deployed at the bus stop, recorded a video of the incident and sent it to Stomp.

    According to the Stomp contributor, the dispute is believed to have been started when the man had missed a shuttle bus.

    At around 1.15am, the man was waiting for Bus 7 when he missed the last bus as by the time the bus had arrived at the bus stop, it was already off service.

    "There is no MRT due to early closure. The bus comes from Aljunied. By the time it reached Pasir Ris, it was already too late," said the Stomp contributor.

    In a video he sent to Stomp, the man is seen arguing with SBS Transit staff at the bus stop.

    "You walk back with me... We take cab we have to pay (for) ourselves you know," said the man.

    The Stomp contributor said that the man wanted the SBS staff to pay his taxi fare.

    He told Stomp, "We were very worried as he looked a little drunk. So, we had backup at the bus stop just in case."

    According to the Stomp contributor, the staff then offered to call for a taxi and the man brought them to a road divider nearby despite the fact that it was raining.

    A man in a black shirt said to be from Certis CISCO also came in to try to help resolve the matter.

    "The SBS staff even offered to pay for his taxi fare just to end the argument there," said Stomp contributor CC.

    However, the man continued arguing with them in the rain.

    It is unclear what happened after that.

    "Even though SBS is taking the blame, the early closure of the MRT is not their fault," added the Stomp contributor.

    Stomp has reached out to SBS Transit for a statement regarding this incident.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:01

    More about

    busSBS Transit
    Others
    <iframe height=450 width=100% src='http://players.brightcove.net/4802324446001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5711422187001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

    0 0

    SINGAPORE - Two Airbnb hosts charged in Singapore with unauthorised short-term letting of four apartments are expected to plead guilty next month, their lawyer said on Tuesday.

    The two men face four charges under the city-state's Planning Act for renting out four units in a condominium for less than six months without permission from Singapore's Urban Redevelopment Authority, according to court documents last month.

    They are liable to a fine of up to $200,000 per offence if found guilty.

    Their lawyer, Wong Soo Chih, said they are expected to be sentenced on Feb. 27.

    Singapore passed new rules last year giving officials the right to force their way into homes to check whether residents were renting them out illegally.

    Airbnb says it has 8,700 listings in Singapore, where high population density and limited land area mean a majority of the 5.6 million people live in apartments.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 13:20

    More about

    AirbnbRental
    Others

    0 0
    0 0

    SINGAPORE - UK-based quality assurance firm Intertek said on Tuesday that one of its employees had been arrested by Singapore police in connection with an investigation into oil theft at Shell's biggest refinery.

    Muhammad Ali bin Muhammad Nor faces two charges of conspiring with Shell employees as part of a scheme to steal oil from Shell's Palau Bukom industrial site, court documents show.

    "We understand Muhammad Ali who worked for Intertek in Singapore is one of the suspects who has been arrested by the Singapore police as part of the criminal investigation," a spokesman for the company said.

    "As the investigation is ongoing, we will not be able to provide further comments."

    The company, which is listed on Britain's main stock exchange, specialises in offering quality and quantity assurances, including for fuel products.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 16:47
    Others

    0 0
    0 0
    0 0

    PETALING JAYA - The days of spending hours in a crawl along the Johor-Singapore Causeway and long queues at Customs and Immigration counters to get into Singapore are numbered.

    A new 4.2km Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System Link (RTS Link) will see easy movement of people from one city to another.

    The link will have co-located Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) and provide seamless connectivity between Bukit Chagar station in Johor Baru and the Woodlands North station Singapore.

    Malaysia and Singapore yesterday signed the Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System agreement, the second cross-border rail agreement between the two countries in two years.

    on Facebook

    FB Live: PM Lee held a joint press conference with Malaysian PM Najib Razak at the Istana today. Mr Najib was in Singapore for the annual Singapore-Malaysia Leaders’ Retreat. 🇸🇬🇲🇾

    Posted by Lee Hsien Loong on Monday, 15 January 2018

    The signing of the agreement was witnessed by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Singapore's Lee Hsien Loong after the eighth leaders' retreat here.

    Malaysia was represented by Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Rahman Dahlan and Singapore by its Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Minister of Transport Khaw Boon Wan.

    "We have looked at how Customs and Immigration clearing is done for rail services between Britain and France," Land Public Transport Commission's chief executive officer Mohd Azharuddin Mat Shah said during a briefing on the proposed project.

    He said the RTS Link was necessary to ease congestion along the present 1.056m causeway.

    "The causeway is heavily congested with the number of vehicles rising.

    "The matter is compounded as KTMB rail service can only ferry about 320 passengers an hour or 6,000 passengers a day to Singapore," he said.

    The RTS Link will be able to transport some 10,000 passengers an hour or 72,000 passengers a day in four coaches travelling at 70kph.

    Lee said the link, when completed in 2024, will benefit thousands of daily commuters and reduce Causeway congestion.

    Najib took note that congestion at the Causeway peaked especially during festivities and school holidays.

    The RTS Link stations will also be well integrated with the local public transport networks in each country.

    Mohd Azharuddin noted that the RTS Link would run above ground while in Johor and on a 25m-high bridge track across the straits before travelling underground to Woodlands North in Singapore.

    "Commuters will spend about 30 minutes to travel and clear customs and immigration," he said.

    "This will save a lot of time compared to currently spending one or two hours stuck along the Causeway and Immigration," he added.

    Based on a study done by SPAD in 2016, an average of 4,000 buses, 52,000 cars and 72,000 motorcycles spend at least an hour to get across the causeway.

    He said the KTMB rail service will be discontinued six months after the RTS Link becomes operational in Dec 2024.

    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:23

    More about

    Causeway
    Others